Thursday, April 30, 2009

Canyonlands and Arches National Parks, Utah

I liked waking up in a National Park so much, that I decided to do it again. I made it to Canyonlands National Park and watched the sunrise here. I also went hiking over very very large rocks which was quite fun, though possibly dangerous. I didn't see any other hikers on the trail, and it wasn't always easy to find the marks, which were generally small piles of stones every so many feet.

The Canyonlands is also broken into smaller sections. I first visited Island in the Sky, and then The Needles, which I admit felt very rushed. Especially since I was looking to see Arches National Park by the end of the day.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


I pretty much drove to Needles and drove through the Needles, hardly seeing anything at all. When it started to get late, I headed back towards Arches National Park so that I could get some sunset pictures there.

These pictures were taken all around the Needles area, including getting to and possibly leaving the park.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


And finally I made it to Arches, which I was very much looking forward to. I did do a small amount of hiking here, but was really rushed due to my late arrival.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


I would definitely have to revisit them both if I wanted to get a full idea of what these parks had to offer.

2 comments:

Rob S. said...

Those balancing rocks at Arches are amazing! Wish I had gotten that far East to see it.

Stephanie Taylor said...

Arches is definitely up there as a favorite Utah National Park. Bryce Canyon during the sunrise was gorgeous too of course. I love the way the rocks glow.