Sunday, April 26, 2009

Los Angeles and Typhoon Restaurant insects

A quick warning..this post involves insects appearing as food on a plate! It's not as bad as it may sound, honest.

But first..I took a picture from a window in my friends building in LA.


Photobucket


And now for the fun part.

Pictured here are the delicious Thai-Style White Sea Worms served at Typhoon Restaurant in Santa Monica.


Photobucket Photobucket


This is the Chambi Ants, which really just taste like potato sticks.


Photobucket


And since neither of us had tried this before, we decided to have some frogs legs. My friend didn't like them, but I did. I thought they were similar to the chicken wings you get at a Chinese restaurant, only (according to my friend) more "slimey".


Photobucket


And finally, a picture of the restaurant itself. It's empty because we actually arrived when they were closing! They were so kind to serve us.


Photobucket

No comments: