Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Washington, DC Monuments and Museums

My last day in DC was a bit sprinkly and it didn't look like it was going to get any better. I decided to walk around and check out the White House and monuments before heading to some museums. Luckily I avoided the rain on my walk.

The White House doesn't look all that impressive from this angle.


Photobucket


Around the Lincoln Memorial.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Washington Monument from Lincoln Memorial.


Photobucket


Vietnam Veterans Memorial


Photobucket


I liked the design of the building, so I thought I'd check out Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden first. I saw a sign saying no photography, I'm not sure if it was just that room or in general, so I only took a picture of the outside area.


Photobucket


Here are some pictures taken around the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


National Museum of Natural History


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: