Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Berlin Day 2 (Post 1)

My second day in Berlin I picked up a Stadtplan (city map) at hotel reception before heading out. It didn't stop me from getting lost though. It didn't help either that the area the hotel was in was covered by a key of the downtown landmarks.

I ended up here after being lost for at least 2 hours I'd say. I was going through many neighborhoods which I'm sure not many tourists get out to see! I biked at least 50 miles a day for 3 days in the city and still didn't see everything. That's what happens when you get lost I guess.

This was near Lengeder Straße

Photobucket

I somehow managed to work my way into the city, though not the inner city..yet. I found a church so I took a picture.

Photobucket

Still working my way into the city center (Mitte).

Photobucket

The Italian Embassy.

Photobucket

A row of houses near Potsdamer Platz.

Photobucket Photobucket

I took a lot of pictures of St. Matthew Church (St. Matthaus Kirche). This is a back view.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Potsdamer Platz

Photobucket

The American Church in Berlin near Bülowstrasse.

Photobucket Photobucket

Interesting buildings

Photobucket

No comments: